In the last year, we have:
- Conducted more than 80 educational programs in four local homeless shelters.
- Transported more than 5,000 pounds of fresh produce to the Eastside shelter in Rosedale.
- Created and implemented a two-week 2016 summer camp at the Harford Family House.
- Partnered with more than 20 local businesses/organizations to provide various resources to homeless children.
- Logged more than 4,000 volunteer hours!
- Held numerous ‘drives’ to collect resources for the children we serve. Most recently, we concluded our ‘back to school’ drive in which we provided 2 full brand new outfits for more than 100 children.
- Established an Empower4Life office from which to grow and refine our programs.
- Acquired a donated van to facilitate delivery of needed goods to our partner shelters.
- Promoted our program by soliciting involvement by employees of big business (UPS).
- Provided volunteer crews for cleanup and refurbishments of living units at Harford Family House shelter.
- Gave many caring people the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable children.
- Created hundreds of smiles on the faces of precious children.
HEALTH FOR HOPE
EMPOWER children in shelters to make good choices in life by giving them the tools needed to build and maintain their mental, emotional, social and spiritual health throughout their lives, by offering them access to age appropriate wellness lessons.
FITNESS FOR A FUTURE
EMPOWER children in shelters to learn that physical fitness can be a fun, lifelong habit by offering participation in a variety of games, exercises and movement activities led by fitness professionals.
EMPOWER children in shelters who never have a chance to play recreational sports and games due to financial and transportation constraints to just be kids by providing access to indoor and outdoor play areas.
RESOURCES FOR REJUVENATION
EMPOWER children in shelters by providing them material resources necessary for life success.
Through YOUR charity and compassion, we are able to collect and distribute food, bedding, clothes, personal care products, school supplies and more to these “at risk” kids.
At Empower4Life, our firm conviction is that a child, when given the proper material resources and knowledge, can gain the PERSONAL POWER to build a self-sufficient future and enjoy a happy and healthy life.
Please join us in our mission to help vulnerable children become happy and healthy members of our communities.